Catching a vision for the year - Grow Your Faith, Make Impact

Home Top Ad

Joshua Oladipupo

📚 My Books & Digital Resources

Access transformational books, spiritual growth materials, and impactful resources to strengthen your faith and leadership journey.

Visit My Amazon Author Page

Saturday, December 6, 2025

Catching a vision for the year






The camp experience was fun. It is an orientation programme to prepare corps members for the service year. The soldiers woke us very early for the first few days for the morning devotion and exercises. It was a whole new experience for me and I had to adjust to that timing. I usually attended the morning devotion and I spoke to hundreds of corps members a couple of times during the gathering.


Some of the memorable things in camp include the sound of the bugle, the Mammy market and the sound of the instrumentalist who announces that food is ready! It was so much fun.


For the Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development Programme (SAED), I joined the group that was taught how to administrate a private school. Our facilitator was a private school proprietor who had achieved some success in the school business.


Concerning my Community Development Service (CDS), I belonged to MAC and FACOR. MAC means MDGs Awareness Creation while FACOR means Family and Community Life Reorientation. My CDS reached out to some schools to bring community sensitization based on the objectives of the CDS. 



While at camp, I decided to be a part of Deeper Life Corpers Fellowship and it was a huge blessing to me. When we left camp, we (the brothers) lived together in a provided accommodation. We related together and it was always a time of beautiful fellowship.


During the Ebola break, I began going to my PPA. I saw young boys who used the school building as a place to smoke. My mission began from there. I began preaching the gospel to them. I may never get to meet any of them again but I am convinced that the seed of the word planted will never die. Also, I am ever grateful to God that I could serve Him by doing that. 


Before school resumed, I started visiting the state library in Magami. On one of the days I went there to read the book I had bought in camp (Silent Labours by Gbile Akanni), I gained a strong conviction of being called to reach out to young people. This became my marching order for the service year. I became willing to spend and to be spent for them.


It is important to get a definite direction of the "people" that God is sending you to in your strange land. For me, it was clear to me that God was sending me to the youth. Also, you need to understand what the content is. What are you going to "cry"? 

The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry?... (Isaiah 40:6-7) 


Additionally, take authority over the environment you are sent to in the spiritual. You can take practical steps by going on a prayer walk. For me, going to the school (my PPA) to preach was a way of understanding the spiritual climate of the area.

To conclude, building capacity for the journey ahead is everything. God specially prepared me through midnight prayers. Since we woke up earlier because of the early morning activities, my sleep time became altered and the time I woke up in the dead of the night became the beginning of prayer time for me.  


 To read the remaining part of this book, purchase it here

No comments:

Post a Comment